Tuesday, January 18, 2011

No pigs, squirrels, or lunar vampires. Only a list.


I was talking with Riot Kitty when I realized that not everyone knew what the best recorded guitar solos are. I listed off the top 5 (mainstream-ish) guitar solo songs to her, for educational purposes. I will do the same for you. If you disagree, you are wrong.

In no order: Links go to youtube videos.
Comfortably Numb
All along the Watchtower
Bohemian Rhapsody
Cemetery Gates
Sultans of Swing

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for getting that G.I. Joe motto back in my head, you bastard!

    I agree with a couple of these, but I'm not a guitarist (or Willoughby), so I suppose my opinion doesn't count as much. HAHA just kidding, my opinion counts double!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see....

    1) David Gilmour is just too acid-trippy for my tastes.

    2) I assume we're talking about Jimi Hendrix and not Bob Dylan?

    3) Mmmmmm...'K

    4) ?

    5) Perhaps.

    And thus ends our lesson today on why geezer rock is still pulsating among the older generation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah...but can you name the greatest zithar/digeredoo duets of all time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to see you posted your picks in order of the potential of mind expansion. I am also glad to notice you did not include Stairway to Heaven. Don't know if there was a solo, just glad to see you did not include it.

    ReplyDelete